Urgent & Ground-Breaking: “In January of 2017, Concealed Carry University redefines the way knowledgeable Guardians take their education and abilities to the next level…”
Read this announcement below to see how we are revolutionizing the way that prudently educated guardians like you and I continue our development to become (and then remain):
… phenomenal handgun fighters (know how to fight),
… calm and strong and clear-headed (understand what combat is like),
… prime decision-makers under extreme stress (when/whether to fight),
… and stay sharp with professional and regular continued education & training.
What do YOU think the greatest-possible armed self-defense training tool would look like?
I have always believed the answer to that question was Force-on-Force training with realistic weapons, within the context of carefully designed true-to-life deadly force scenarios. After all, I first became Simunition™ Range Safety and Scenario certified back in 2011, and I’m over 5-figures deep into one of the largest private collections of Sim™ rifles and pistols in the country.
And make no mistake: Sim training is an excellent way to confirm the skill you’ve already developed, but what we’ve learned is this:
Sim gunfights are far too fast-paced to
“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first, and then seek to win.” – Sun Tsu, The Art of War
You can only learn so much about HANDGUN COMBAT without experiencing the narrowed vision, the complete starvation for oxygen, and the knotted turmoil in the pit of your stomach that you’ll feel when another human being is trying to kill you.
Yes: some things can only be learned the hard way, by experiencing them. This is true.
Surviving and thriving in a self-defense shooting is one of those things. SOME LESSONS CAN ONLY BE LEARNED WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF VIOLENCE.
But we NEED those lessons in order to survive that violence. See what I mean? This presents a challenge.
UNTIL NOW: Have it or you don’t. You do what you can to prepare, but really you wait until your moment of truth to find out how you’ll do. Until then, you wonder.
THAT DOESN’T SIT RIGHT WITH ME. It never has. And yet this philosophy is everywhere.
I believe that’s why there are so many flawed concepts and tactics and advice floating around out there.
And I believe that’s why most of the incidents I review (even many involving professionals) are filled with:
• Stunned minds that lock up.
• bad decisions that can’t be justified
• bad decisions that hurt bystanders
• bad decisions that get the victim killed
• bad tactics that fail to get the job done
• guns and gear that has no place in defensive combat
• guns and gear that decided the outcome years before the attack even started.
This is strikingly similar to the state of dogfighting combat pilot training after WW2. In WW2, you were given a bit of training, but then sent into the sky. The survivors were said to “have it”, the losers were said to not. And stats showed: if a pilot could only survive his first engagement, his odds of thriving and surviving all the rest went through the roof! But often, they didn’t survive their first engagement. All it took was for them to encounter a hardened adversary who had no resistance to kill, and that was it.
BUT, THIS ATTITUDE IS UNACCEPTABLE. Throwing beginners into combat with minimal training makes no sense to me, and I reject it. Wisely armed Guardians and students of my Concealed Carry University reject these odds as well. They know they deserve much more.
BEFORE THEY ARE ATTACKED, they desire:
• To become competent gunfights,
• To become capable of lightning-fast decision making under fire,
• To gain tactical wisdom
• To learn how they can realistically obtain life-saving handgun combat abilities WITHOUT devoting their lives to studying and training handgun combat.
Sun Tsu, author of The Art of War, agrees. He said, “Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first, and then seek to win.”
Someone else agreed with me.
– Enter a real combat visionary. John boyd, one of the great military strategists in the last 100 years. This is the guy who gave us the strategy that won us the gulf war so easily. Boyd is known in most circles as the greatest air to air fighter pilot and dogfighter to ever live.
– He rejected the notion that you have to wait until you’re in the middle of a deadly encounter to find out how you’ll perform.
– He knew that when it comes to our survival, we can’t afford for the first experience we have with violence be in deadly combat.
– He CARED about his students. He developed a better way to train them.
– And some of those students would go on to become the most successful fighter pilots of the Vietnam war
In the same way that Boyd reinvented the way fighter pilots learned to defend themselves in the sky, I want to reinvent the way YOU prepare your mind and body for defense on the street.
Now I THOUGHT the solution was going to be force on force personal 1 on 1 training. And yes, this does have massive benefits. But it is also a highly incomplete way to learn how to defend yourself with a handgun:
• expeeensive, hard to obtain, need arena and partner.
• even worse, Sad realization: Not the ultimate training experience. -> too fast, need to do a ton.
So I sat down, with one question in mind: ONCE SOMEONE SEES AND UNDERSTANDS THE REALITY OF VIOLENCE AND SELF-DEFENSE, like the education delivered in my Complete Concealed Carry Guide, WHAT WOULD THE ABSOLUTE BEST SELF-DEFENSE TRAINING TOOL LOOK LIKE to take them THE REST OF THE WAY.
To get them to the point where they could then, if they chose, to USE tools like force on force to refine and confirm their skill and combat.
To get you to a point where you are a master at:
- #1: Avoiding potentially violent situations
- #2: Escaping from violence situations if avoidance fails
- #3: Deescalating violence situations if escape fails;
- #4: And fighting and surviving and WINNING with their handguns if they have no other choice.
I wanted to develop a tool that did all that.
This tool had to be EASY. It had to be AVAILABLE TO ALL. It had to be AFFORDABLE. Otherwise, I’m not an instructor, at least not a good one.
Well, I made a solution. I did it.
In my opinion it constitutes the most engaging and effective way to learn and obtain:
- – Lightning fast decision making under fire.
- – Veteran-like strategic and tactical thinking in the moment.
- – Exactly what and how you should be mentally rehearsing and practicing in your surroundings and with your handgun in order to become a competent and confident gunfighter.
I am about to kick off a CONCEALED CARRY REVOLUTION. I have built a SOLUTION to this problem that we all face. And you’re part of it!
This is a brand-new video education and training series that I believe amounts to nothing less than a revolution in the way American guardians educate, prepare, and train themselves for effective armed self defense.
I am Patrick Kilchermann, founder and president of Concealed Carry University, and I’d like to introduce to you the most exciting news that I have to share of my career to date!
Enter 3 SECONDS FROM NOW: Decisions Under Fire
3 SECONDS FROM NOW is our finely engineered and tuned real solution to this problem at hand.
3 SECONDS FROM NOW is the first volume of my brand-new series is a 3 1/2 hour education where I take you on a journey into the middle of 7 defensive use-of-force gunfights – 7 deadly force situations – and guide you through extracting the maximum tactical wisdom, actionable practice drills, and mental rehearsal strategies to impart onto you, as much as is possible, the vicarious veterancy that comes with experiencing and surviving a gun fight first hand.
Simply by watching this program and by integrating the many lessons you will learn into your thoughts and practice using the methods we demonstrate for you on camera, you will educate your expectations and senses for what you may encounter some day.
The seven gun fight incidence caught on tape here in this first volume have all been hand-picked to help teach you One of the first and most important things that we armed Americans must learn: how to make excellent decisions under fire.
And after you watch it, I can almost guarantee that you will come away believing that this program should be a requisite for everybody who carries concealed.
3 SECONDS FROM NOW: What It Is.
This first volume of my brand-new DVD series stands firmly on top of the education-foundation delivered by my “Complete Concealed Carry Guide to Effective Self-Defense”. You can think of the Complete Guide as the classroom education that one needs in order to understand what’s going to happen when you ‘sit down in the pilot’s seat and enter your first dog fight’.
My intent was never to leave you there, with only this foundational education. And that’s why I’ve developed 3 SECONDS FROM NOW. Because once you have the understanding delivered through the Complete Guide, 3 SECONDS FROM NOW will exponentially accelerate your readiness and effectiveness level.
3 SECONDS FROM NOW is where it gets real. This is “applied self-defense”, full force. Raw. Unvarnished, and uncensored.
3 SECONDS FROM NOW: How It Works.
For each of the seven gun fights that we will be exploring and dissecting, I follow a very specific and strategic educational flow, designed to help – in time – to pull you up to my level (or to confirm that you’re already there):
First, I let you watch the incident fully, without editing and without commentary. Here, I challenge you to study the incident as it happens in real time, putting yourself in the shoes of the victim, paying attention to as many details as you can, and forming your own set of critiques and praise for the players in each scenario.
Next, we will run the scenario again, but this time I will be pausing and highlighting certain aspects of the incident as I deliver vocal commentary through the incident as we watch it unfold together, in order to help you better understand exactly what is happening on camera.
And then, we really dive in.
Working through each point of the incident, gun fight, and aftermath, I go down a list and explain everything that the victim did correctly and incorrectly.
When the individual performed correctly, I’ll explain in detail WHY their action was correct and justifiable, and give you direction on how you can work to replicate their success:
- How you need to think.
- What you need to be able to do.
- And what sort of gun and gear you would have needed to have on you to survive that situation.
And for the many mistakes and incorrect (and life-threatening and legally disastrous) actions that you will witness, I explain alongside you:
- Why they were detrimental mistakes.
- What the individual should have done instead.
- How you can practice and prepare to avoid those mistakes.
- And when possible, I will take you into the force-on-force arena where we use perimeter cameras (and even cameras attached to our bodies!) to re-create the gunfight and show you exactly how this situation could have played out successfully if the unfortunate victim would only have learned what you will learn through this program.
And after we dissect each gunfight, we jump back into Concealed Carry University studio for a full debriefing, listing and summarizing in full detail:
- All of the takeaways from each incident as they relate to your three pillars of affective self-defense: your mindset, your training and abilities, and your gear selection.
Survival and Defensive Combat Mastery: In your hand; In your head.
As we steadily move through the 7 deadly-force-incidents here in Volume 1 (and the dozens and dozens of others that we will experience together as I continue this series) you will eventually find that your ability to examine and critique these incidents in real time accelerates to the point of being on par with mine. And that is exactly where I want you – that is my goal for you.
You WILL get there! This series will get you there. In this series:
- You will develop more affective instinctual and instantaneous reactions to sudden violence.
- You will come to make for better decisions FASTER in a real, life-threatening situation then you would have otherwise.
- You will hesitate far less, instead jumping into the appropriate action.
- Your actions will be more prudent, more justifiable, and more decisive and effective.
- And you will learn the easy way what sort of gun in gear you need to be carrying – or should not be carrying – before ever been involved in a gunfight where these lessons can cost us our lives.
This series is so effective because it provides the necessary CONTEXT for us to learn these important lessons about survival and success in a deadly force environment.
To kick start the revolution: an exciting bonus.
To fuel the revolution: a Price that reflects the urgency of this education.